Student & YP activity
IEEE IES Students and Young Professionals Activity Committee Activities Program for the Conferences ver2018061
The IEEE IES Students and Young Professionals Activity Committee (SYP-AC) would like to introduce a project of scientific and social Activities Program that support IEEE IES conferences Chairpersons to organize a great event and attract more attendees.
The offer is focused, but not limited to the IEEE Students and Young Professional (SYP). Our support indirectly can help Supervisors, Mentors and Professors that would like to promote interesting work of their younger colleagues. Mentors can support their mentee not only by co-authoring scientific papers but also by advising them to join the IEEE IES to be able to attend IES conferences.
Short summary to advertise an IEEE IES conference and the IES Student & Young Professionals Activity Committee support for IEEE IES conferences
IEEE IES Student and Young Professionals Activity Committee (SYP-AC)
The outstanding support for IEEE IES conferences and their participants! We offer:
Join IEEE IES and enjoy our outstanding scientific conferences! We support you and your industry education.
* The IES Young Professionals & Student Paper Assistance (IES-SYPA). Please note that Young Professionals (also, doctors and young professors are included) could obtain the USD 2000 assistance to attend the conference.
* The Young Professionals & Student Tutorials and Industry Links – excellent place were invited speakers will share their experience with all conference attendees. IES SYP-AC selects the speakers and cover their travel expenses!
* The Young Professionals & Student Forum – where young authors will share their knowledge witch all conference attendees. IEEE IES reserved USD 3000 for recognition of the best papers and presentations.
* Young Professionals & Student Party. Where IEEE IES Officers including the IES President and well know researchers exchange their experiences with younger IES members and future members in relaxing atmosphere. IEEE IES (up to USD 2000 for a conference chairperson support) sponsor this event. In case of large number of young attendees, the support would be even increased!
* IES Young Professionals & Student Paper Assistance (IES-SYPA) 3 minute speeches with 3-minute videos to promote projects of awarded authors. IEEE IES reserved for this more than USD 100 000 annually!
* Diplomas ceremony of the IES-SYPA during the Gala Diner to promote young researcher and conference!
The IES Student & Young Professionals Paper Assistance (IES-SYPA)
Please note that Young Professionals (also, doctors and young professors are included) could obtain the USD 2000 assistance to attend the conference.
The goal of the IES-SYPA is to financially support the travel for the IEEE IES SYP to attend an IES conference. The number, rules and examples of 3 minutes videos of the IES-SYPA can be found at the IEEE IES Internet platforms -.
To apply for the IES-SYPA, please go to the IES Manuscript Submission System (MSS) provided by the Chairman of supported conference. The list of the conference can be found at IEEE IES website . Generally, it is simple. If your paper will be accepted and if at least one co-author is an IEEE IES Student or YP Member please complete the final submission and you will be able to apply for the IES-SYPA travel assistance .
IES Students and Young Professionals that submit their work to “SY Students and Young Professionals Forum technical track in the IES Manuscript Submission System (SYP Forum)” have priority in the competition for IES-SYPA. It means that paper of students and young professionals submitted to the SYP Forum will be considered for the IES-SYPA before papers from another conference sessions.
SYP scientific and social activities during the conference
Generally, the conference Chairs with the IES support are going to prepare the following activities, but please note that these may change closer to the conference date and depends on the conference. (Prior the conference all information should be available on the conference website and in the conference proceedings):
According to the General Chair of the conference whiling and needs, the conference may offer:
* A SYP Tutorials and Industry Links like at the previous IECONs  or at the ISIEs  conferences.
Where Mentors and YP’s from an Academia and from an Industry are trying to show the link between each other.
* A SYP Forum
During this scientific session young professionals (including students) presentations could be oral and/or poster and/or 3-minute talks. The form and timing of presentations is dependent on a conference. Here some competition is between scientists are planned. Papers from this track have a priority in the IES-SYPA travel support competition.
* Student & Young Professionals Party.
During this party usually, IES Officers including the IES President and well know researchers distribute SYP Forum Best Paper & Presentation Recognition diplomas, sponsored by IEEE IES.
After the scientific and social experiences, the IES-SYPA awardees will have an opportunity to promote their projects additionally within:
* IES Student & Young Professionals Paper Assistance (IES-SYPA) 3 minute speeches session with 3-minute videos (3Ms) played instead of regular presentation.
Timing and place of this event will be announced on the conference website and in the conference proceedings. At least two weeks prior the conference all young professionals and students supported by the IES-SYPA have to publish their project summary in the form of 3Ms on IEEE IES YouTube and Facebook, and Collabratec -.
* Diplomas ceremony of the IES-SYPA.
Timing and place of the IES-SYPA ceremony will be announced on the conference website and in the conference proceedings. Usually the IES-SYPA diplomas are given to the SYP during the Conference Gala Dinner by Genera Chair of the conference, IES Official Representatives including IES President.
This is just a short massage for you to promote this idea between IES Members and IES Future Members. More details about the Student and Young Professionals activity can be found on the IEEE IES Internet platforms - or in Industrial Electronics Magazine. Some advice on how to prepare presentation (3-minute speech with three-minute video) can be found through this links -.
-  http://www.ieee-ies.org
-  https://www.facebook.com/IndustrialElectronicsSociety/
-  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKg8GNii0Q-ieXE56AXosGg
-  http://www.ieee-ies.org/students/guidelines
-  Industrial Electronics Magazine, Introducing the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Students and Young Professionals Activity Committee [Students and Young Professional News], Marek Jasinski, Publication Year: 2016, age(s):71- 73
-  Industrial Electronics Magazine, IES Student Paper Travel Awards [Students and Young Professionals News], Marek Jasinski, Publication Year: 2016, Page(s):63- 66,